Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When writers read my mind

You know those moments when you're reading something, and it feels like it was written exactly for you, for this exact moment in time?
I've been reading some of Aimee Bender's short stories online and they're really, really incredible. I was reading her story "On a Saturday Afternoon" and came across this...
I once thought that if I traveled in France, I would have a different brain, the brain of a girl who travels in France. I saw myself, skipping through meadows in a yellow and blue print dress. But even with the old buildings, with the bright, bready smells, with the painted French sunlight, it was still my same brain in there, chomping as usual, just fed this time by baguettes and brie.
Wow wow wow. This is kind of exactly how I feel. I'll explain later.

No comments: